Ridesharing international platform Uber launched Bangladesh in November 2016. After seeing the great potential in Bangladesh, they started their journey. Within a few months, they get a huge response from the customers. Their top-class app and navigation system quickly grab the attention of customers.
As an on-demand ride-sharing company uber Bangladesh offers different types of ride-sharing services to their customers. They are the only ride-sharing platform in Bangladesh who introduced varieties of services. You can think that as a ride-sharing company uber Bangladesh also provides services as other platforms serve. But you get amazed to know that you can find different types of services within an app.
Currently, Uber Bangladesh is offering Uber Moto, UberX, Uber Premier, Uber Pool, and Moto Delivery. They segmented their services for all types of people so that everyone can avail to get service from them. Uber Moto is a motorcycle service. Through the Uber app, you can call an Uber moto. They put every detail of the captain of the bike such as the bike model, registration number, etc. It’s been hugely popular in Dhaka city as it can beat the traffic of Dhaka city.
Besides Uber Moto they have car services as well. This segment is their main focus worldwide. For different people, they segmented their car services as mentioned above. Uber X is a general car that you can hire with a less amount than Uber Premier. Uber premier service is for the people who want a ride in an updated model car. The fair is also a little bit high in the premier cars.
Then recently Uber Bangladesh introduced UberPOOL in Dhaka city. ‘UberPOOL’ is a new ridesharing option that allows riders to join, or ‘POOL’, with other riders with similar routes in the same Uber, and share the cost of the trip. Shared rides like UberPOOL are all about getting more people into fewer cars. It means cheaper rides for passengers, longer and more-rewarding trips for drivers, and less congestion for cities over time. The trip fare on UberPOOL can be up to 40% lower than the UberX fare for the same distance.
Then after Uber Bangladesh launches Moto Delivery to deliver important documents or package delivery. While the pandemic situation was worse than that they launched this service. The people of Dhaka city benefited a lot from this service. This was a wise decision from Uber’s authority to serve people during the hardest time of coronavirus.
Finally On July 7th, Uber became the first ride-sharing company in Bangladesh to launch an on-demand rental service. “Uber Rentals” is a 24×7 app that allows riders to book a car and its driver for several hours on a stretch and to make several stops on a trip, just as they would with their vehicle.
Riders can request a ride within minutes for a customized experience with greater versatility and comfort, as they resume their everyday routine after a long lockdown. The service will be available across UberX, which resumed operation last week in Dhaka, at an attractive price point of BDT 899 for a package of 2 hours per 20 km.
In the meantime, Uber has launched UberEats in April 2019 with a different app. They promoted all over the city and got a huge response from customers as well. But after serving one year in the food delivery market Uber closed the service.
- World-class App: The app of Uber is the top class. It is very simple to use though unique. All features are placed very sequentially in the app. You never have to face any kind of difficulties while using the app. All segmented vehicle lists with fair you can see at a glance into the app.
- Proper Documentation: From the very beginning of their journey in Bangladesh they were committed to providing top quality services to their customers. To ensure quality, Uber has given access to those drivers on their platform who have all original documents. Besides that, they also input bike or car details in their app so that one can see which vehicle he or she is going to ride.
- Strong Navigation Map: For a ride-sharing company a strong navigation map is very important as drivers headed towards the destination to see the map. Not every driver follows the map as they know the road but Uberbd is very popular among riders and passengers as that map shows every detail of the city. Moreover, they frequently update their map to ensure smooth riding.
- Free Call System: To provide a good user experience uber has a free call service option in their app. After having a ride through the app, you need to make a phone call so that the rider can know where you are. For that Uber introduced this amazing free call option.
- Emergency help: In case of any emergency there is an emergency cell number in the app. You can call the number to seek help.
- Complain Box: If you have any issue regarding ride experience you can file a complaint in the complaint panel of the app. Complaints can be against the rider, app system, fare, navigation system any type. You can file any type of complaint in the panel.
Uber Coupon Code & Discount Offers
Like other ride-sharing platforms, Uber is offering various types of coupons to its customers. it helps us to get a cheap ride at a low cost. Along with that, you can avail of varieties of coupons in uber delivery and other services. To avail of the discount, you have to use the coupon before you are requesting for your ride. As a user, you will get the coupons on their official website or via SMS. Additionally, you can get an Uber discount coupon by referring the app to your friends and family members.
User Ratings by Users
Online services are judged by their ratings. There are no other options rather than a rating system to justify a service good or bad. However, the rating does not show the actual scenario but until this is the best option we have to judge an online service. If we consider user ratings about Uber ride experience, most of the ratings are positive. Average of 4.5 out of 5, which is good to go. Uber has a unique rating system, you can judge a rider in many aspects such as behavior, expertise in navigation, driving skills, etc. The rating system is really good to judge a driver.
To-do list for Uber for better user experience
Though Uber is committed to providing top-class service quality has no limits. Uber also upgraded themselves to stay strong in the market. We all know that in Bangladesh the ride-sharing market has huge potential as well this market is vulnerable as well. As for that day by day you need to uplift your services. We have seen that complaints against UberMoto are much higher than another segment. So, Uber Moto needs special attention to sustain itself in the market.
- In recent times we have seen that Uber is allowing riders who are not good enough. This is risky for their business as well as passengers. Because life risk is involved there. Moreover, bike quality in their Uber Moto segment is decreasing day by day which is alarming. People don’t want to pay for their hard-earning money to ride a low-class bike.
- Besides that, a helmet is becoming a big concern because most of the riders give a helmet which is not wearable. People use the helmet to save their lives but we are sure most of the helmet riders prove is not good enough to save you from a wretched accident. For this Uber can provide their helmets for both passengers and riders. It should be a good move to grab attention from customers as well.
- Then sometimes we heard about the wrong fair. People can see a fair before starting a ride but after the finish, the ride fair sometimes reaches higher. So, on this point, they should be worked on. Thought fair varies from time to time but there should be a limit of varying.
- Though Uber is operating in Bangladesh on a big scale, there is no customer care center in Bangladesh which is pathetic. This is a sign that you don’t care about the Bangladeshi market. But this must be changed. Because passengers of riders don’t file any complaint in the physical center. They have issued every complaint through an app or website. However, they hardly solve complaints those have filed in their panel. They must have to open a physical customer center in Bangladesh as quickly as possible.
Uber became popular in Bangladesh because of a few reasons. First of all, they enlisted drives who have legal documents and proper driving licenses. Besides uber has a feature that one can see in the app which model of motorbike or car is coming to hire him or her. Moreover, they enlisted those vehicles whose fitness was good enough to run on the road. Apart from that, they introduced some unique features in their app such as UberX, Uber Premium, Uber pool, etc. you can choose one from all those available options according to your choice.